- The class includes gentle yoga postures, active birth positions, breathing techniques, affirmations and sound work, all of which may be beneficial during labour and birth. It is also a time for you to relax and take time out for you and your baby.
- The class is held in the ‘Presidents’ Room’ in the NFU building on Winch Lane, Haverfordwest at 5.45pm on Wednesdays. Enter the building via the back door.
- You will need a yoga mat and an exercise ball (75cm size) inflated until it is very firm. You can buy these from Argos or Amazon or Yoga Mad.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing. Yoga is usually practiced in bare feet.
- Classes are £8.50 each and are paid in 6 week blocks, so £51 for 6 consecutive weeks. £51 is to be paid at your first class. If you are an existing student it is payable on the last session of the previous block. The fee is weekly in the latter weeks of your pregnancy and is £8.50 per class.
- Please note there are no refunds for missed classes or discount for classes you cannot attend.
- I regularly hold couples’ workshops which is a great way for dads to get practical advice on how they can help you during the 4 stages of labour. The next group workshop is on Sunday 3rd December 1-3pm in St Davids Wellbeing centre and costs £40 per couple. It is possible to have this privately as a couple, at a time & day to suit you both, which costs £60.
Testimonial: “I found the whole [birth] experience so empowering. At no point did I feel that I wasn’t in control and I genuinely believe this to be because of everything I’d learnt in class. Having faith in my own body and mind made such a difference to my whole birth experience. So thank you for all you taught me and maybe I’ll see you again one day for baby no.2.”
Sian Buy, April 2016