The Art of Viniyoga
The Sadhana Mala Art of Viniyoga course will give you a thorough grounding in the principles that underpin Viniyoga in a practical and enjoyable way. This is an equivalent to the BWY Foundation Course, although experience shows that it not only serves as a Foundation Course for students who have not done one before, but is also of interest to experienced students and teachers trained in other approaches, because of its strong approach-specific content
Why do this Course?
- This course is ideal for keen students who want to understand the principles of Yoga and develop their own practice.
- It is also a primary requirement for continuing on to the Yoga Teacher Training course, even though the Foundation Course itself is not specifically directed at teaching.
- This course is also perfect for more experienced students from a different background wishing to understand Viniyoga in some depth and for qualified teachers from other trainings who are interested in doing the Art of Individual Teaching.
You Will Learn
- Practice Planning
- Breathing Techniques & Meditation
- Yoga Philosophy
The Course Format
- Notionally 60 hrs scheduled typically as 7 days (intro day + 2 x 3-day weekends), supplemented by significant online learning and video material, and simple home study.
- There is no formal homework, but please note that the online study material is an essential part of the course contributing approx. 1/3 material.
- Please note that this course is not a teaching qualification.
At least one of the following:
- Completion of aYs/Sadhana Mala ‘Beyond Asana’ introductory course.
- Regular attendance in a class for a minimum of 2 years.
- Individual tuition with a Viniyoga, aYs or an equivalent tutor.
- Some experience of Viniyoga e.g. attendance at a workshop or retreat by a recognised tutor.
The St Davids Wellbeing venue is idyllic with public transport links to Fishguard and Haverfordwest 20 + 30 minutes away. It is a beautiful tourist destination with stunning coastline so accommodation is readily available close to the venue.
Course Dates (TBC) & Cost
- Introductory Day – 27 September
- Weekend 1 – 10-11 October
- Weekend 2 – 14-15 November
- Weekend 3 – 5-6 December
£625 – £325 deposit by 31 July + 2 payments of £150 on 10 Oct & 14 Nov.
£595 – Early Bird if payment is made in full by 31 July