Indian Head Massage (IHM) originates from the Indian alternative medicine system of “Ayurveda,” (the ‘science of life’), that has been used in India for over five thousand years. Ayurveda advocates that the mind and body are inter-connected and can influence and impact on one another. Through this theory, it is understood that Indian head massage can not only reduce headaches and improve physical well-being, but it can also enhance mental and emotional wellness.
IHM focuses on massaging acupressure points along the head, neck, and shoulders, often using circular massage strokes to improve hair and scalp condition.
No oils or equipment are required, making IHM a very accessible treatment, perfect for newcomers to massage. Treatments are usually done while seated and through light clothing.
A typical treatment usually starts at the upper back, working around the shoulder blades, down the arms then returning to the shoulders – the area that often holds heavy tension. Following this, flowing motions will move up the neck, relieving any stress and tension. The face and forehead have a gentle massage along the acupressure points. Finally, the scalp is massaged.
Benefits of IHM
- Promotes hair growth by increasing oxygen in the hair follicles, which stimulates growth and health;
- Prevents headaches and migraines by releasing built-up tension in the head and neck area and relieving muscle stiffness;
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety through relaxation;
- Boosts memory capabilities by relieving stress and quieting the mind; and
- Better sleep by reducing stress.
Indian Head Massage ½ hour £20
Please contact Kathryn on: 07787168794 or email: email@example.com